The team at Ophthalmic Consultants of Connecticut has encountered thousands of people that have poor vision due to a refractive error and rely on glasses to see clearly. These individuals are not shy about sharing the challenges and irritation associated with visual aids. If you are nearsighted, farsighted or have astigmatism, you can probably relate to the plethora of annoyances caused by dependence on glasses. Here are some of the most common:
- Noticing in the middle of the day that your glasses frames clash with your outfit.
- The feeling that you look older than you really are because of your glasses.
- Nosy people that want you to try your glasses on and then express shock at their strong prescription.
- The inability to go into the water at the beach or pool because you won’t be able to see well.
- Being questioned as to why you don’t wear contacts.
- Repeated expense associated with buying new frames, lenses and cleaning supplies.
- The need to pack back-up pairs when traveling.
- Laying on your side and having your glasses dig into your face.
- Early morning mist that fogs up your glasses.
- Rain that coats your lenses.
- Practicing yoga and having your glasses slip down your nose during certain poses or inversions.
- Trouble getting close enough to the lens of a nice camera to take a proper picture.
- The possibility of squashing your glasses up against your partner’s face during a kiss.
- The panic of setting your glasses down and later forgetting where you put them.
- Fogged-up lenses when walking into a warm room from out in the cold.
- Accidentally rolling over glasses that you left on your bed instead of the nightstand.
- Your child accidentally knocking your glasses off your face with an errant swipe.
- The challenge of applying makeup that complements your eyes and coordinates with your glasses.
- Smudging makeup on your lenses.
- Whiteheads or blemishes on the skin where your glasses touch your face.
- The heart-sinking moment when a loose screw falls out of your eyeglass frames.
- Headaches from frames that are just a bit too tight.
Laser Vision Correction for a Glasses-Free Lifestyle
Thanks to laser vision correction procedures like LASIK, the aforementioned annoyances no longer have to impede your lifestyle. Take a second to imagine the many ways your life would improve with clear vision and independence from glasses. If that idea intrigues you, schedule a LASIK consultation to learn more. Call 203-366-8000 or email us today to make your appointment.